Saturday, August 20, 2011

The purpose of this second blog

Hello all! If you don't know me, I'm the person that makes post about not a hell of a lot on TheWired. I'm keeping that blog..things will be business as usual (posts every week), but I'm starting this second one to realize a passion I've had for a while...

~ Lucid Dreaming ~
So I've been curious about lucid dreaming since I was 13 years old, I've read books on the subject and it's been something I've always wished I could do. I have done it about 3 or 4 times, but the issue is consistency. Once a year isn't really good for me...

The main issue is a dream journal. Every single guide on lucid dreaming fucking everywhere tells you that you need one of these things. My first thought was "That's retarded, I have excellent recall. I don't need one". It's true, I can usually remember at least 2 of my dreams every night for a couple hours after I dream them up.

So a couple weeks ago I was like "Well, I should have a tab on my blog where I can log dreams". Then I was all like "lol but I dunno how to make tabs", so I never did it...and tonight I spontaneously decided to just make a whole new blog for the purpose.

So now we arrive at the main point, the purpose of this blog is to document my nightly adventures in the world of my dreams and extract information that may help me dream lucidly. The goal is to post here every day, but since I live in reality it'll probably be more like every 2-3 days. The posts will be shorter than my regular blog posts, and just a summary type thing of what the dream was about. If I think it means anything, etc., we'll see where it takes us.

That's basically it! I hope some of you will enjoy it.

8 comments:

  1. I've done this before. Not in such a public manner, but I've had notepads or folders on my computer dedicated to recording dreams. It really does help you to remember, but it can also be exhausting. Typically I'd last a couple weeks before the pure fatigue of paying so much attention to my dreams made me stop.

    Also, you may want to turn off the verification. New blogs are so silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, yes they are...yes they are silly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah.I usually remember my dreams fine until about a day later. Unless something really stuck into my head about the dream, or it was a reoccurring one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be so awesome. I wish I could gain lucidity..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting, hopefully you don't abandon this blog. I'm curious to see what kind of dreams you might have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya Lain, your bloggy inspired me to make my own dream blog. Dreams are so frikkin neat-o,
    good luck on the logging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Recalling your dreams as basic for lucid dreaming... I'll probably never lucidly dream.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, I used to keep a dream log way back, but since my dreams lately have been rather mundane, I've never bothered to keep going at it. I'm also curious to hear about the dreams you'll be having.

    Also, I approve that Lain pic =)

    ReplyDelete